Monday, February 9, 2009

Jennifer Hudson's Emotional Grammy Win & Performance

Jennifer Hudson hit plenty of emotional notes during the 51st annual Grammy Awards. The singer collected the Sunday's first major award, best R&B album for her self-titled debut, making reference to her slain family in a tearful acceptance speech. "Thank God, who brought me through," Hudson, 27, said on the stage of Los Angeles's Staples Center. "I'd like to thank my family in heaven – and those who are here today." Hudson also thanked fiancĂ© David Otunga, who told E! before the show, "the last few months have been an ordeal and it just brought us closer," for his support. Later, the Grammy winner fought back more tears after earning a standing ovation for her power ballad "You Pulled Me Through." Hudson belted out the song in a black, sequined sheath with the backing of a choir. "I was in the darkness. I was out in the cold," she sang. "You reached out your arms to me ... pulled me back from the edge."

0 comments: