Friday, January 16, 2009

Anne Hathaway: I Want to Babysit the Obama Girls

President-elect Barack Obama has already filled his cabinet with Washington veterans like Hillary Clinton – but could there be room for Hollywood in his administration? Anne Hathaway is just one star who would love a job in the Obama White House. "I would want to be head babysitter," the Bride Wars star tells PEOPLE. "I'd love to be First Babysitter, absolutely." Hathaway, 26, is not the only celebrity who would jump at the chance to spend time with Obama's daughters, Sasha, 7, and Malia, 10. High School Musical star Corbin Bleu says he would happily perform for the first daughters. "I'll just go up and do performances for his kids all day and just keep them entertained," he tells PEOPLE. "They seem like really sweet girls. They seem very well mannered. So I would be First Entertainer." American Idol runner-up David Archuleta echoed that sentiment. "I would give the girls music lessons," he tells PEOPLE. "Probably not piano lessons, because I'm far from the greatest pianist, but voice lessons." Stars in WashingtonPEOPLE also spoke to other stars who'd happily work for Obama. Here are some of their job pitches: • "If I'm the Secretary of State, does that mean I get to wear a secretary outfit?," Katy Perry says. "[I'd] probably [want] that position just for the fashion!" • "[I'd be] hip-hop ambassador," says rapper Common. "I could deal with social issues like not having parents. I'd work with that and pay attention specifically to the children."

0 comments: